Monday, December 26, 2016

Zweiter Weihnachtsfeiertag & Reiseverkehr

Hello, hello,

in Germany the 26t of December is still a holiday, they call it "Zweiter Weihnachstfeiertag". The shops are closed and many already tavel back home because they have to go back to work tomorrow. But the time between Christmas and New Year - so called "zwischen den Jahren" - is when many companies go on vacation. When I was a kid, we would spend the "erster Weihnachtsfeiertag" with the family and the "zweiter Weihnachtsfeiertag" we would go to the Black Forest or the Alps for skiing. Nice memories.


Travelling during holidays is stressful, in all countries. Getting caught by heavy "Reiseverkehr" is not expensive, it is also slow. You have to go to the airport before time, to the station, etc. Too much traffic on the road... not enjoyable. I talked my dad into taking me a bit earlier to my station. I rather explore some cafés with all tranquility in the world than fear of loosing a train or plane.

Friends of mine are also coming back from their families today. Maybe we can have a cozy after-christmas evening. With all the nice biscuits we brought home, the "Weihnachtsplätzchen".

In the following post I will update you on the Feuerzangenbowle, as promised.

Alles Liebe und bis bald!


No comments:

Post a Comment